Pay Safe Money Shopping Cart Interface is a programmatic interface that allows any Merchant to automatically accept payments online. Pay Safe Money API is a programming interface, which allows you to automate the process of sending and receiving payments, receiving information about incoming and outgoing payments, obtaining history of performed transactions or receiving information about Pay Safe Money accounts.
- Shopping Cart Interface Guide
- SCI Payment Form Generator
Shopping Cart Interface Guide
- Who needs this information
- Basic information about SCI
- How SCI works
- Accepting and processing payments
This document describes functions and specific details of working with example Shopping Cart Interface (SCI). SCI - is a programmatic interface that allows any Merchant to automatically accept payments online.
SCI is a must have interface for any online store or other business that conducts transactions online.
Who needs this information
This document is intended for web masters and developers working with businesses that wish to accept and process payment data online.
Developers are required to have experience in the following:
- basic knowledge of HTML
- ability to work with HTML forms
- processing of SCI server replies
Basic information about SCI
SCI is a part of example system that allows to transmit a payment from Buyer's to Merchant's account. It is located on a separate web site that is utilized for processing payments for products or services offered by the Merchant.
SCI and Merchant's web site utilize HTML forms to transmit information between each other, which allows the Buyer to complete transfer and the Merchant to receive and properly process received payment.
Merchant's web site must contain at least three HTML pages to successfully accept payments:
- payment page containing the SCI code that redirects Buyer to SCI web site to complete payment for products or services
- payment successful page to inform the Buyer that his payment is completed successfully
- payment failed page to inform the Buyer that his payment has failed
How SCI works
To accept online payment, Merchant's web site should redirect the Buyer to SCI web site to perform the payment for products or services ordered on the Merchant's web site. Once the payment is successfully complete, the Buyer will be redirected back to Merchant's web site.
Complete process of accepting payments via SCI contains the following steps (graph 1):
Buyer selects a product or a service from an online store and decides to purchase it. Merchant displays the total amount of purchase and Buyer, in turn, proceeds to pay for his order by clicking an appropriate button or link. At this time, Merchant's web site redirects the Buyer to the example SCI and sends payment request form.
Next, Buyer appears on SCI authentication web page. Buyer will have to enter his example account number, Login PIN and password. At this time, Buyer will also have an opportunity to cancel the payment. In this case, Buyer will be forwarded back Merchant's web site to payment failed page (step 8).
If authentication process is successful, then Buyer will proceed to SCI payment page. On this page, he will have an opportunity to enter amount of payment, select currency and, in some cases, destination account number. At this stage, Buyer will have an option to cancel payment and as before, will be redirected to Merchant's web site to see the payment failed page (Step 8).
Payment confirmation process. Buyer is shown complete payment details so that he can verify all payment details. Buyer has an option to edit details of this payment by clicking Edit, or confirm this payment by clicking Confirm. Once Buyer confirms the payment, SCI system will attempt to transfer funds from Buyer's to Merchant's account.
As soon as the payment is finalized, SCI will transmit payment status form to the Merchant's web site. Buyer, meanwhile, will not be redirected back to Merchant's web site, as this data will be transmitted in the background using POST or GET request via HTTP to payment confirmation page or module or will be sent via e-mail.
Payment result page. If payment is successful, the user will see complete transaction details, including transfer id. Once user clicks Continue button, they are moving on to step 7.
If payment was not successful, then Buyer receives any applicable error information and by clicking Continue button, moves on to step 8.
Payment successful page. This page is located at the Merchant's web site and informs Buyer that his payment has been accepted.
Payment failed page. This page is located on Merchant's web site and informs Buyer that his payment has failed.
As a Merchant, if you want to use SCI you will need to perform the following steps before you can start working with SCI on your web site:
- You need to create SCI store entry in your example account. The proper way to do it is to login to your example account and select "Create new store" option in Merchant Tools. Enter store name and Click on "Submit" button to create a new store. Your SCI will not work properly if you do not follow these steps.
- Setup your store for proper work with example SCI. You will need to specify the following:
- Store name. This is the name of your store that SCI will use when transmitting payment request form
- Success URL. This is the URL address where the Buyer will be redirected by SCI upon successful payment execution.
Usually, this page will notify the Buyer that payment has been processed successfully. URL can contain query string parameters, e.g. "http://www.merchant.com/success.php?a=b".
- Fail URL. This is the URL address where the Buyer will be redirected by SCI upon failed payment execution.
Usually, this page will notify the Buyer that payment has been failed. URL can contain query string parameters, e.g. "http://www.merchant.com/fail.php?a=b".
Accepting and processing payments
- Create a new store and then generate a code using our code generator.
- You can send the buyer to our sci using several methods. You can have a look of these methods when you generate the code using our code generator.
- You may download the sample forms to get the idea about how to send the buyer to the SCI.
SCI Payment Form Generator
The most simple code that will allow you to accept payments is: https:/www.example .me/sci/. Make sure to replace P123456 with your PSM account!
For more advanced code please answer the following questions. This will generate a HTML code that can be incorporated into your website to allow members to send payments to your PSM account.
Please contact us if you have any questions or difficulties with the SCI.